Monday, February 4, 2013

"Don't Pray & Worry!"


Ever heard the saying, “Pray about everything and worry about nothing,” or how about the saying, “Don’t pray and worry?” Well they may sound like clichés but I have found them to ring very true in life. In our lives we may face obstacles or situations that look like they have no solution. It is at these times that we should know to pray seeking our God for the answers.
No matter how smart you are or how many degrees or talents you may have, there will come a day that you are confronted by a problem that your intelligence cannot solve. Sometimes it’s just easier to worry or ponder over a situation than it is to pray and believe God. So many times we want to fix things ourselves so much we will overlook the fact that we have a God who is more than able to take control and handle every situation or circumstance a million times better than we can even fathom.

I know because I recently found myself worrying and pondering over a situation instead of praying. My husband was concerned when my worrying began to change my outlook on life and I began opening the door to depression. Instead of giving me a long speech, though he did share words of encouragement, he sent me a text, and it simply said, “Matthew 6!” The next day I read Matthew chapter 6 and God’s word began to regenerate my “measure” of faith. Verse 31-33 really stuck out to me. “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.”
After reading those verses I made up my mind that I would continue to pray but would stop praying and worrying. I didn’t receive what I was believing God for instantly, but instantly the word comforted my heart and reminded me what I’m praying to someone who is much more capable of supplying my need than I could ever be!

Think about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment