Monday, December 17, 2012

"Do you see what I see?"

Said the night wind to the little lamb, “Do you see what I see?” Said the little lamb to the shepherd boy, “Do you hear what I hear?”

Today that is my question to anyone reading this post. Do you see what I see; and do you hear what I hear? I see Christmas trees decorated with lights and tinsel; I see children fogging up department store windows longing for the toys inside to be their own. I hear moms and dads planning surprises and special dinners for their families. This Christmas let us take time to stop, look, and listen.  What do you hear? What do you see? Are you surrounding yourself in the true spirit of Christmas?

The holiday season is packed with family plans, pictures, outings, vacations, shopping and other activities. Somewhere between putting up trees and wrapping presents, I wonder if the world is really stopping to realize the true meaning of Christmas. The miraculous birth of Jesus took place for the benefit of all mankind. The news of His birth should be spread like a computer virus posted on statuses and featured on TMZ! We must not allow the hustle and bustle of the holiday season to cause us to forget the true meaning of Christmas.  Matthew 1:21 says, “And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name JESUS, for He will save His people from their sins.”

We should acknowledge our Savior’s arrival and purpose every day not just during the holidays. I believe the best way to show that acknowledgement is by living a Christian life so that not only Christ but also others can see that we do in fact know why He came.

We are unsure of so many things and so many things in the world today are unpredictable. However, there is one thing that will forever remain and that is God’s word. Matthew 24:35 says, “Heaven and earth will pass away but my words will by no means pass away.”
Gifts and dinners are wonderful. Every family should take time out on Christmas and every day to love each other and share special time. But let us not omit sharing the story of our savior and living according to His divine plan for us.
Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment