Wednesday, September 5, 2012

God's Ears

If you know anything about me you know that I go to church a lot! I don’t go just for recreation or just for the sake of going. I normally go to church at least three times a week and most of the time my children are with me. Often the church and gym are filled with adults and children when I am there.
A few days ago we had a youth event and I was there with my girls helping out. My youngest daughter was in the nursery at the church and my oldest daughter was off somewhere in the gym chatting with her friends.
As the night came to a close I was gathering my things to leave. Children were milling about everywhere and to my knowledge my baby girl was still down at the church waiting for me to pick her up. Suddenly out of a cloud of little voices I heard, “Mommy!” I turned around to see that my youngest daughter was behind me. Her aunt, who had wanted to see her, had retrieved her from the nursery for me.
I share this story simply because once I turned around after hearing my baby call out mommy, it made me realize something. Though the building was filled with children calling out to their parents, it only took one call for me to recognize the voice of my own child. In calling out for me, my little one had no doubt that I would hear her and pretty much grant her request.
Our Heavenly Father is like this but even better! But I wonder how often we sit back and pout or remain in a hard situation because we have simply not called on Jesus.
Psalms 34:17 says, “The righteous cry out and the Lord hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles.”
Just like children don’t hesitate to call on their parents when they are in distress or need, we should follow suit and call on our Heavenly Father. When we do call on Him, we must do so with the confidence of a child, knowing we are calling on the One who can grant our request.
Isaiah 59:1 says, “Behold the Lord’s hand is not shortened that it cannot save; nor His ear heavy that it cannot hear.”
So the next time you find yourself in distress, remember there is a name you can call who will hear you. No matter how many others are calling on Him at the same time, He hears us all.
Think about it! 
(Published in On the Rock Arrest 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment