Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Shred the Clutter!



Filing papers is part of my job. Though I am a very organized person I hate filing. I usually put off filing and shredding old papers until there is no other option. Recently the time came for me to de-clutter and do some filing and shredding at the office. Begrudgingly, I went through loads of papers that had overtaken several drawers. After gathering up a host of papers I began shredding. 

As I was shredding papers I reminisced about some things I had recently been through and thought, “I wish I could put “this or that” into this shredder and be rid of it or them forever!”
The shredder I used operates as follows; first open the door of the machine; second, load a few pieces of paper; third, close the door. Once you close the door, the machine automatically begins to shred.  As long as you continue to feed paper after closing the door just once, the machine will continue to shred.

I believe it is that simple to rid your life of unnecessary things. The first step is to recognize you have things in your life you need to get rid of. Now, gather those items together in your mind and prepare to let them go for good. Next you must “open the door.” Your door is your heart. Once you recognize the need for a change, you have to make up in your mind and heart to make that change. Finally you must “close the door” to those things and be determined not to go back and get them again.

It doesn’t matter if you need to sever a relationship that is poisoning your spirit or if you have a sinful habit you need to get rid of, you can do it! You may need to seek Godly counsel, or simply fall on your knees and ask God for His divine help. Do whatever it takes so that you can be the best “you.” 

I’m not saying it will be easy but it can and must be done. Matthew 18: 8 tells us, “If your hand or foot causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life lame or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet, to be cast into the everlasting fire.”

So pull out your spiritual shredder and get rid of all the things that hinder you, you’ll be glad you did. 
Think about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment