Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Beware of what's beneath!

Recently saw a post on FACEBOOK about a man who claims to have been dating a woman he had fallen in love with. He says he loved everything about her, her personality, looks and intelligence. The post went on to say that after they had been dating a while the woman showed up at the man’s house without make up. He described her has having bad skin and said that her make-up had hidden the truth from him. He says that he instantly fell out of love with her upon seeing the face she had been “hiding under the makeup,” claiming “false advertisement.” First, I want to say that I think it is ridiculous that this so called man, (the whole story could be fabricated, you know the internet) to say that he instantly fell out of love with someone he claimed to be madly in love with for more than just her looks. If he truly loved her for who she was why did her skin condition make such a big difference? Of course the question on the post for discussion was, “Was he being superficial or was she being dishonest?” Second, let me say that I don’t think using make-up to cover a skin condition is dishonest. Who doesn’t want to look and feel their best, most of all who doesn’t know that society accepts “pretty people,” much easier than they do those with (for lack of a better word) unattractive looks. The post of course is debatable and that is not what I want to talk about. (You know me; I saw something deeper in this post) I want to talk about what lies beneath the surface of our being…our hearts. See you can dress up and look beautiful day in and day out but if you have an ugly, dirty, sinful heart, you could end up finding yourself rejected by someone, you don’t want to be rejected by…God. I’m talking about Jesus Christ! It is easy to hide behind polite smiles, cordial conversations and even good deeds, but has your heart been converted to the things of Jesus? Are you living in the truth of His word without dressing up only the parts you want to adhere to? I don’t blame anyone male or female for making themselves look nice or feel more comfortable by dressing up their outer flaws. Shoot, I do it myself! But I do have an issue with those who harbor hatred for others and mascaraed as Christians. Matthew 7:21-23 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’ Think about it.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this article! Matthew 7:21-23 is perhaps one of the most important yet underlooked scriptures out there. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete