Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Eternal Transformation, Applaud That!

Unless you live under a rock, I’m sure you know who Bruce “Caitlyn” Jenner is. Just in case let me describe who this is to you briefly. Bruce Jenner is a well decorated former Olympian. He won many accolades in track and field. Of late he is celebrated for his decision to become a woman after over 50 years of living as a man and being married with children more than once. This article is not about Bruce Jenner. I recently saw a post that said “Celebrities you didn’t know were transgendered.” When I clicked on the link I was floored. I was not surprised that there were so many “so called” celebrities who have changed their gender. In fact I didn’t know who many of them were; I was surprised by the transformations themselves. Had I never seen the article if had I met the majority of these people, in person, I would never have known they were born a different gender without being told. Their transformations were so drastic there was no trace of their birth and might I add “God-given” gender. It appeared as if they had never been the opposite sex and it was apparent that they had no desire to ever be their old selves again! So here’s the point to my article. So many around the world are applauding these people for taking it upon themselves to be transformed; why can’t we applaud that kind of change when it comes to becoming an unashamed, unapologetic follower of Christ? Why don’t people get so fed up with their old sins that they make the decision to be transformed in repentance and determined never to be the same again? Bruce Jenner is so applauded for his decision he was even given a courage award in lieu of many which some say are much more deserving than he. Let me make my final point and it is this; from losing weight, to changing jobs…from changing your opinion to changing your gender, the scripture is clear! I won’t mince words, let me just give you scripture. Here is the only transformation that matters when your life ends. Romans 12:2 (NKJV) “And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.” Acts 3:19-21 (NKJV) “ Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord, and that He may send Jesus Christ, who was preached to you before, whom heaven must receive until the times of restoration of all things, which God has spoken by the mouth of all His holy prophets since the world began.” Think about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment