Thursday, January 8, 2015

Change for New Year of Success!

Ecclesiastes 10:10 If the ax is full, and one does not sharpen the edge, then he must use more strength but wisdom brings success. I don’t make resolutions but each year there are things, as I reflect, that I want to do better in the New Year. Many make resolutions and I don’t think there is anything wrong with that. However, I often wonder if those of us who make resolutions or set New Year goals really mean them or if we are just grinding with a dull axe… Be honest, how many times have you set a goal, even something as simple as weight loss, and not been able to keep up with the adjustments long enough to get results. How many times have you planned to follow a budget, spending or savings plan and ended up deeper in debt? In Ecclesiastes chapter ten there are several life lessons, however as I read the chapter verse ten stuck out to me. What I see when I read the verse is… stop wasting time, doing the same old same old; make the necessary changes needed in your life in order to be successful. How much wood do you think a ranger can chop with a dull ax? Yes he might get wood chopped, but it will take much less time if he would stop and get a new ax or sharpen the one he is using. In the same regard if we make needed changes in our everyday life we will in turn be more successful. For example if you are in a dull relationship that only brings hardship and pain, make some changes even if it means cutting that person off completely in order to see better in your life. If your career is not where you desire for it to be, I’m not going to say quit your job if you have one, but I will say make changes needed if you want to see better. Take up a class, learn a new trade, stop talking about needing a better job and look for one! The scripture is clear wisdom bring success, furthermore Eccl. 10:15 says in part, “The labor of fools wearies them…” Don’t be foolish in 2015; make the changes needed in your life for success. Trust and serve Christ with you all and allow Him to lead and guide you. Think about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment