Thursday, April 17, 2014

PROVE IT!

Love is an action word! You can tell someone “I love you,” a million times but if you never show it, only a fool would believe your words. A Christian group called King & Country have a song called “The Proof of your love,” here are some of the opening lyrics. “If I sing but don't have love, I waste my breathe with every song… I bring an empty voice, a hollow noise.” “If I speak with a silver tongue, convince a crowd but don't have love, I leave a bitter taste with every word I say...” “So let my life be the proof, the proof of Your love, let my love look like You, and what You're made of. How you lived, how You died, love is sacrifice, so let my life be the proof…the proof of Your love.” Everyday millions declare they “love the Lord!” Well I challenge you, if you say you love the Lord, then PROVE IT! How do you do that? Simple, do what God did for you, and like the words of the song, prove your love with your life. John 3:16 says, “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” I John 3:16 says, “By this we know love because He laid down his life for us…” God loved us so much that He didn’t just say it; He stepped down off His throne of grace, wrapped Himself in flesh, came to Earth and gave up His life on our behalf. As if that were not enough He ventured into the depths of the Earth and conquered death, finally He rose again with all power in His hands. Our God didn’t have a problem nor did He hesitate to prove His love. That being said, if we love Him in return, let’s cut out loving Him in “lip service” only. John 14:15 says, “If you love me; keep my commandments.” IT’s time to stop saying “I’m a Christian, I’m a believer,” “I love and trust God,” in one breath and then cursing people out, speaking and doing evil in the next. IT’s past time to prove our love for God with our lives. By living TOTALLY as He commanded, without picking and choices what commands we’ll follow from one day to the next. When God gave of Himself for us He gave all! So if you love HIM, PROVE IT! Think about it! What do you “think about it?” I’d love to hear your feedback on the articles Email me: genamaewrites@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment