Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Little LUMP

Have you ever stumped your baby toe really hard and limped for days? Have you ever gotten a deep paper cut on your pinky and thought you would keel over? I know many women who have suffered from Cancer that almost took their lives but it all started as a little lump. Recently I cut my thumb pretty deep with a razor while shaving and for days it practically drove me mad! It was kind of like having a toothache and the pain affecting your entire body. That little razor cut affected my ability to get dressed, to write, to text and sometimes to think! Because the cut on my thumb was in such an awkward place it was making me have to figure out other ways to get things done. If you can not relate to any of this, though I’m pretty sure just about everyone can, think about how small things can bring large affects. What I mean is; sometimes little things can blow up and bring big blessing as well as big problems. If you don’t believe little things matter, try to log on to a website and omit one letter or even one symbol and see if that site opens for you. Try to cook your favorite meal, expecting it to taste the same and leave out one ingredient. Galatians 5:9 NKJV says, A little leaven leavens the whole lump, meaning it only takes a little bit to get the job done as well as to reek havoc. Now back to my thumb; for days I bandaged it and applied ointment to get it back to its original state; so that I could once again use my entire hand the way it was intended. What’s my point? Well just like my thumb and the incident with the razor…things happen, “little lumps” come up. We can not allow little arguments, heart break, hurts or even failures to handicap and cripple us from walking with Christ as we are intended to. We have to press on! Though my thumb was bandaged, I couldn’t call in sick to work I had to press on. I took the necessary steps towards my healing. That is what we all must do, when we make mistakes, when little lumps arise, don’t ignore them. And certainly don’t allow them to grow. Had I not taken care of my thumb, no doubt, it would have gotten worse. Dirt could have gotten inside and caused it to become infected. This can happen spiritually, if we allow the cares of this life to consume us, or if we allow what we are going through to take us over. With the great God we serve, if we strive to live for Him as His word commands, we can do all things through His strength. Do you need a band-aid or some ointment for you spiritual ailment…look to the word of God? (Philippians 4:13) Think about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment