Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The quicker picker-uper

I have a preschooler do you know what that means? That means I have to keep a watchful eye or she'll get into something she shouldn't. Recently I was cleaning out the kitchen cabinets she of course joined me and took it upon herself to start playing with the pots and pans on the floor. One pot had a little water in it and I warned her not to bother it, who was I kidding right? Any way of course the moment my back was turned she messed with the pot and some of the water spilled on the floor. I didn't see that part but what I saw inspired this article. When I turned around my four year old daughter had gotten a towel and was wiping up the spill and get this, praying! She said, "Lord clean up this water in the name of Jesus." I couldn't help but smile and inform her that Jesus had not spilled the water, she had so she needed to clean it up herself. She wiped it up and continued to pray but it got me to thinking. Don't we all do that? I mean, don't we all get into some things we shouldn't at times, end up making a mess then expect God to get us out or clean it up! If you say you've never done this I'll have to say, I don't believe you. How many times have you rushed to purchased something without proper research and later regretted it, then found yourself praying to God because your rushed decision got you in debt. Have you ever got into a relationship that you shouldn't have and then had to pray your way out? I'm sure if we spent enough time on the subject that we could come up with more. Regardless, if it weren't for the power of God we would never be able to overcome any of our life's "messes." That is the awesome thing about knowing and trusting in a God that not only can but has cleansed any and all messes imaginable. Hebrews 9:22 says, "Without shedding of blood there is no remission." I John 1:7 tells us that "The blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin." When God decided what He would use as the cleansing agent for our sins, He chose the very best that He had, the blood of His own Son! It is by that precious blood, that we are cleansed from all of our sins. Revelation 1:5 says, "To Him who loved us, and washed us from our sins in His own blood." You see, it is only by the blood of our Lord, that we get our sins washed away. So the next time you are feeling "dirty," and need a quick cleaning, look to the "quicker picker upper," the powerful cleansing blood of Jesus Christ. Nothing cleanses like it! Think about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment