Friday, April 19, 2013

Plan on it!



I am a planner! There have been times that I have found it difficult to function at events or services because the planning wasn’t to my specifications. I would say that I can be organized to a fault and I’m sure my family would agree. Sometimes I drive them nuts because I want some circumstances at my house to be “just so.”
Because I have so many things going on at one time, it serves me well to be a multi-tasker. I’m sure I’m not the only one. Everyone plans. Even if you don’t “over plan” like I do sometimes, I’ll bet - if you stop and think about your day-to-day life - you’ll realize you plan more than you might think.
Each night you go to bed with plans to get up the next morning and take care of things, to go to work, to cook dinner, etc. You may plan to finish some pending tasks at work or  to attend evening bible study. Whether you know it or not, you plan for things daily as well as throughout your day.
But while we are generally planning, are we planning for the future? I mean are we planning for our divinely destined future not just retirement. Too often we may take for granted that of all the things we plan for, we will come to regret not planning for our eternal future now.
Matthew 25:1-13 tells the story of the ten virgins. Five were considered wise because they were prepared for the coming of the bridegroom. The other five were foolish because they were not prepared properly; and while they were off trying to get prepared, the bridegroom came.  When they returned, the door was closed and they weren’t allowed to enter. Matthew 25:13 says, “Watch therefore, for you know not the day nor the hour when the Son of Man is coming.”
It doesn’t matter how well you plan; tomorrow is not guaranteed. Tragedy strikes every day. Do you think those runners in Boston planned on being involved in an explosion that day? Do you think people get in their cars and plan on dying in fatal car crashes, of course not!
Hebrews 3:15 says, “Today if you hear His voice do not harden your hearts as in rebellion.” Hear this, the word of the Lord is His voice; He is calling you right now through this very article. Give you heart and life to Christ today. Though we can’t plan His return, we know that His return is sure and we can prepare. Yesterday is gone; tomorrow is not promised; life is short and Jesus is soon to come. So plan on it!
Think about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment